Wednesday, September 21, 2011

a few tracks to hear this week...


I decided to go ahead and listen to a few songs that are NEW to me, maybe not so new to you.

Nero - Promises (Skrillex Remix)
I realized that I hadn't heard any new dubstep in a long time and this song is quite the way to get back into the groove! Skrillex pimped the fuck out of this track. I mean it still sounds like typical Skrillex but its so smooth. It looks like Corey Feld... err... I mean Sonny Moore really learned something in his quick rise to laptop DJ fame. Nero hasn't put out anything yet that I haven't liked. Good solid mix for the two. Kudos.
Nero - Promises (Skrillex Remix)

Insane Clown Posse ft. Jack White - Mountain Girl
I don't know what the fuck Jack White is thinking? I guess that it doesn't matter, music is music in his eyes. He looks at music from that kind of point of view I bet. I still don't think that he has heard the final cut of the classic Leck Mich Im Arsch. Well this whimsical tale of love, rednecks, incest, and meth is everything that a good song by a couple of christian rappers should be. I am assuming that the Westboro Baptist Church's youth will be asking (Santa?) for a certain ICP CD this (Christmas?)? This is so painful to listen to... I can't even tell if Jack White's guitar playing is good, it sounds horrible. The vocals, if you would call them that, are completely drowning out the western twang of Jack White's git-fiddle. SKIP IT... No rubbernecking. Believe me its that bad.
Insane Clown Posse ft. Jack White - Mountain Girl

Nirvana - Breed (Smart Studios Version) // Previously Unreleased
There has been quite a bit of unreleased material getting to see the light of day, recently. Here we have Nirvana as grungy as ever. Mic pops and heavy scratches make this newly released Demo version of Breed. I love this song it is so damn raw and Kurt Cobain had just the right voice for the crappy recording. I love Nirvana so this is cool to hear.
Nirvana - Breed (Smart Studio Version)

Daft Punk - Drive // Previously Unreleased
Drive is a previously unreleased song released by the french progressive house duo known as Daft Punk. I barely see anything special about this song and so far (1:46) wouldn't mind if the song stayed unreleased. This is too repetitive for my nature. I like electronic music but this song isn't winning me over. Even when signature samples are used. I cannot bring myself to like this... Its a long song too clocking in at just over seven minuets.
Daft Punk - Drive


No comments:

Post a Comment