Thursday, October 20, 2011

A little late... a few tracks (don't judge me!)

 This week has been insane, I have been run ragged, I am emotionally and financially drained. This week has been an asshole. I have however had a few hours to myself this week to watch horror movies and listen to music (two of my favorite past times). In those few hours I dedicated my time to listening to new stuff. This is what I have been loving for the past few days.

M83 - Midnight City
This track is amazing and I have been obsessing over it for the past week. M83 is an amazing electronic heavy Nu-Wave/Indie Pop group that is right up there with bands like Empire of the Sun or Passion Pit. This music video is yet another venture into that medium that works. I am saying it man, if one of the music channels can get their shit together, music videos might have a repeat run with success. This video showcases kids with powers. Its fun as hell to watch. I suggest you do. Very clean and crisp too.


 Rustie - Ultra Thizz
You Tube says that this album is best listened to when taking MDMA (Ecstasy). The beats are clean and the song is just plain fun. Give it a listen and try not to move your head. Its impossible. This is again another electronic kick that really delivers one in the kisser. If you are in search of something really cool, Czech out this album. I wasn't disappointed. 

Lou Reed/Metallica - The View
Lou Reed's voice is not very well accompanied by the gritty corporate metal gods, Metallica. Most tracks on the album feel like holdovers from Death Magnetic. Reed sounds completely separate, like he is just sitting next to you spouting off poetry. Its really bizarre and hard to follow. Go ahead and listen to this, but don't say I didn't warn you. Go to http://www.loureedmetallica.com/listen-to-lulu.php to hear the full album, if you want to. It might be one of the only times that Metallica lets you hear their music without bitching about you paying for it. Fuck Lars. The View is the most popular track on the album. I would have listened to the entire album to give you my favorite track, but i couldn't make it past track 3. 

King Khan - I Got Love
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/reviews/tracks/12644-i-got-love/

So I heard this little ditty by King Khan today and I am thoroughly impressed. I fell in love with his group King Khan & The Shrines at Coachella last year. He had one of the best shows of the festival. This song reminds me of Land of the Freak. I really dig that track and this one as well. Give it a listen and tell me what you think.

S!D


No comments:

Post a Comment